Food Safety Program Development
The team at Infocus has been instrumental in the development of food safety programs for various industry sectors, specialising in Food Safety Programs for organisations providing food services to vulnerable persons. Each year we develop or review Food Safety Programs for more than 200 aged care facilities and hospitals throughout Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, and the ACT.
As our client we will develop and annually review a tailored Food Safety Program that your organisation can readily implement with success and confidence. For multi-site organisations we will ensure that each of your sites' Food Safety Programs are corporately consistent whilst also being customised for the food services at each site. In particular we will ensure that site-specific hazards are adequately controlled. We will consult with your staff and management to develop food safety policies and procedures to support the effective operation of your food safety program.
Our Food Safety Programs are clearly presented and user-friendly for staff to follow. We are readily available to assist managers and supervisors with any food safety-related concerns, to guide them in successful implementation and provide support during external / regulatory audits. Our Food Safety Programs are supported by nationally recognised training for Food Handlers and Food Safety Supervisors.
As your food safety consultant, we are keen to see you spend less time worrying about compliance so you can focus on your core business operations, with the peace of mind that your food-related risks are being managed.
The Food Safety Program will include:
- Management Policies – including a Food Safety Policy, Food Safety Training Policy, Staff Hygiene Standard & Employee Declaration, Food Supplier Standard, Document Version Control, Implementation Responsibilities of Staff
- Food Service Descriptions and Flow Diagrams
- Hazard Identification Tables (microbiological, chemical. physical and allergen hazards)
- Food Safety Management Tables - hazards, controls, monitoring procedures and corrective actions for each food service process from purchase & receipt of goods, through to food service
- Procedures - Step by Step for each Food Process Step
- Support Programs - including Allergen Management, Staff Training, Pest Control, Cleaning & Sanitising, Equipment & Premises Maintenance, Recall and Complaints, Audits & Verification procedures
The Food Safety Program record proformas will include:
- Approved Supplier Register
- Staff Illness / Condition Log
- Incoming Goods Log
- Internal Audit Report Forms
- Customised Daily Record Sheet (daily critical monitoring on one form)
- Equipment & Premises Check
- Food & Storage Temperature Logsheets
- Document Control Records
- Cleaning Schedules
- Staff Training Record
- Corrective Action Reports (including pest sighting, food recall, complaints etc)
- Verification Schedule
Food Safety Program Reviews
Infocus Food Safety conducts annual Food Safety Program reviews to ensure our clients’ programs remain current, meet any organisational or legislative changes and reflect industry best practice. It is a legislative requirement in every state and territory for Food Safety Programs to be regularly reviewed.
An Annual Food Safety Program Review Service includes:
- An onsite visit
- Consultation with management and key personnel
- Review of food safety audits and council inspections / reports
- A complete review, revision and reprinting of the Food Safety Program
- Electronic version of the updated records / log sheets
- Document Version Control and updating of the Revisions Record
- Minor desktop revisions to the FSP during the annual review period
Food Safety Program Internal Audits
At the request of our clients, Infocus can undertake 'internal audits' to provide peace of mind that the Food Safety Program is being effectively and correctly implemented and/or as preparation for external regulatory or accreditation audits.